My name is Sarah, and I aim to
misbehave become a professional author. I also aim to stop reflexively quoting science fiction movies and television, but that may be beyond my capabilities.
Things that make me happy:
- George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series
- Dan Simmons’ Hyperion Cantos
Things that make me sad:
- People who don’t take genre fiction seriously
- The tendency to coddle writers rather than give them honest, constructive criticism
- Reality television
Things that make me angry:
- Dan Simmons’ recent Islamophobia. Seriously, Mr. Simmons?
- Twilight, its sequels, and their romanticizing of abusive relationships.
- The way the Mass Effect trilogy ended. Shepard, you deserved better.